This is a total comfort food recipe! They are perfectly crisp on the outside and soft and gooey and full of flavor on the inside. Here’s how you make them:
- 3-1/2 C Mashed potatoes (cold and leftover is better)
- Approximately 3/4 C All Purpose Flour
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder to your liking
- 1 Egg
- Panko Crumbs
- For the filling: Cheddar Cheese, Green Onion, Bacon and Sour Cream
- Canola or Vegetable Oil for frying
Start with cold mashed potatoes.
Add flour a little at a time and stir in until potatoes are stiff enough to roll into balls without being sticky.
Roll potatoes into about a half cup balls. Form a hole in the center.
Have your filling ingredients ready.
Place about a teaspoon of each ingredient into the center.
Close up the potatoes and make a ball, sealing the filling inside.
Brush with egg wash and roll in Panko crumbs.
Have oil hot and ready. I use a fry daddy.
Carefully drop potato ball into fryer.
Drain on paper towel.
Serve immediately. These are so filling and go great plain or with a side of ranch!