This is my most requested cookie recipe. I’ve been making these for years, mostly for the holidays but we are currently in quarantine along with the rest of the country and I have to keep busy, so today is cookie day. It’s April, we are in northern Michigan, it is beautiful and sunny but it’s chilly so a great day for baking.
These cookies have a wonderful texture. They are crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside.
Here’s my recipe.
- 1 c butter
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 c flour
- 2-1/2 c blended oatmeal
- 1 t soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 t baking powder
- 12 oz choc chips
- 1 c chopped walnuts
1. Measure oatmeal and blend in blender to a fine powder.
2. Cream room temperature butter and sugars, add eggs and vanilla with mixer.
3. Slowly mix in flour, oatmeal powder, salt and baking soda.
4. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
5. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
6. Before I bake them I sprinkle a little sea-salt on each cookie. This is optional but it makes them so decadent!
7. Bake for 9-11 minutes depending on your oven at 375 degrees
Important: After I remove them from the oven, I let them sit on the cookie sheet for one minute, then I move them to a cooling rack.
If you try this recipe, please let me know what you think!
MAKES 5 Dozen